One Week Winter Break Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp 2015
February 16-20, Mon-Fri 10am-4pm plus 5pm show on final day
One Week Spring Break Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp 2015
April 6-10, Mon-Fri 10am-4pm plus 5pm show on final day
To sign up call 646-485-7244 or REGISTER for School Break Camp Online
Make the most of your week off! If you already play guitar, bass, drums, keys or if you sing, spend the week playing in a band! You will be immersed in music each day, rehearsing with your band, and also learning to create your own music on a computer and write songs. On the final day, you’ll play a show for your friends and family.
If you don’t yet know how to play guitar at all, then sign up for School Break Boot Camp to learn the basics of chords, strums and reading tablature. By the end of the week you’ll be able to actually play a song or two, and you and your classmates will take the stage on the final day to play a song along with your classmates. You’ll also learn the basics of digital music and songwriting.Guitars are provided!
- 9:45-10 DROP OFF
- 10-12 Morning Rehearsal
- 12-1 Lunch
- 1-2 Afternoon Rehearsal
- 2-4 Digital Music Production/Songwriting
- 4-4:15 PICK UP
- Two programs: Rock Band or Boot Camp for Absolute Beginners
- Ages 8-14 (Older kids, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info on custom bands.
- Includes 3 hours of daily rehearsal in a professional music studio.
- Includes 2 hours of daily elective: Making Music on Your Computer.
- Guitars are provided for boot camp students. Band students, please bring your own guitar or bass, cable and tuner. Drummers, just bring your sticks. Keyboards and vocalists, just bring your rock and roll self.
- Please bring your own laptop or tablet–Mac/Apple/iPad preloaded with Garage Band prefered. Call to make arrangements for PC. Your digital sessions will be saved onto your own computer. Laptops will be used from 2pm to 4pm, and will be securely locked up when not in use. (We have a limited number of school computers available which can be reserved for an additional $30 per camp. In this case, sessions will be saved and sent home on the final day.)
- Includes a 5pm show on the final Friday.
- Tuition is $475 for Rock Band or $315 for Guitar Boot Camp for Beginners. Current or returning NYC/Brooklyn/Queens Guitar School Students get a $30 discount. Sign up with a sibling for an additional $30 discount.
Skill Requirements for Boot Camp
Nada. Nothing. You can be a complete and total beginner!
Skill Requirements for Winter/Spring Bands:
For all instruments, at least one year of playing experience, ability to play through complete songs, and ability to understand basic song charts.
For guitar, teen students should also be familiar with open and barre chords and read chord diagrams and tablature. Kid students need not be familiar with barre chords. Bring your own electric guitar, tuner, strap, and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For bass, students should be familiar with basic techniques and read tablature & chord charts. Bring your own electric bass, tuner, strap, and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For keyboards, students should be familiar with basic techniques and know chords by name as well as notation. Just bring yourself!
For drums, students should be familiar with basic drum rudiments. Just bring your sticks!
For vocalists, either have some formal experience, or be really good at singing in the shower. You will need to memorize lyrics. Just bring yourself!
A limited number of electric and bass guitars are available for use at the school for an additional fee of $30.
- Classes are held in The Recording and Rehearsal Arts Building on West 30th Street in Manhattan–New York’s top professional rehearsal building, frequented by artists such as Public Enemy, Alicia Keys, Black Flag, Taking Back Sunday, David Byrne, Brittney Spears, Steely Dan and many more.
- Winter/Spring campers age 13-14 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch with parental permission.
- Winter/Spring campers age 8-12 are not allowed off campus for lunch and should pack lunches.
- Rock Booster Pack: Add four 1/2 hour private lessons at 4pm after each day for $120.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we’ll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!
To sign up call 646-485-7244 or REGISTER for Winter/Spring Camp Online