So you are ready to be a rock star?
Okay, maybe you just want to play like a rock star, experience what it’s like to be in a band, and play a live show!
During this intensive two-week program, you will rock out with others under the patient and expert guidance of an experienced instructor. You will put together a set of popular songs, including student requests, and rehearse in a fully equipped studio with guitar and bass amps, P.A., and drum kit. You will learn to listen to your fellow musicians, to read song charts, to arrange songs, and to understand the structure of songs. But mostly you’ll rehearse, and rehearse and rehearse! At the end of the two weeks, your band will show off its skills in a live show for family and friends! We’ll videotape the show and post it on YouTube, so that you can share it with friends.
SESSION I: JULY 6-9, 13-16
SESSION II: JULY 20-23, 27-30
SESSION III: AUGUST 3-6, 10-13
- KIDS 8-11: 10am-2pm
- TEENS 12-14 10am-3pm
- TEENS 15-17 noon-5pm
- For all ages, an extended day option is available from 10am-5pm.
- Private lessons may be added before or after camp.
- Three age groups: Teens 15-17, Teens 12-14 and Kids 8-11.
- Showtimes: Kids 8-11 3:00pm on final day, Teens 12-14 4:00pm, and Teens 15-17 6:00pm.
- Tuition is $890. Returning NYC/Brooklyn/Queens Students or Campers save $60. Sign up with a sibling or friend for an additional $30 discount. Sign up for multiple sessions and save an additional $30!
Skill and Equipment Requirements for Teen Rock Band 101:
For guitar, students should be familiar with open chords (with barre chords preferred) and be able to read basic chord charts. Bring your own electric guitar, tuner and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For bass, students should be familiar with basic tablature and techniques and be able to read basic song charts. Bring your own electric bass, tuner and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For drums, students should be familiar with basic techniques and be able to understand basic song charts. Just bring your sticks!
For keyboards and vocals, students should be familiar with basic techniques and be able to understand basic song charts. Just bring yourself!
A limited number of electric and bass guitars are available for use at the school for an additional fee of $30 per week. Call 646-485-7244 to reserve an instrument before the program starts.
- Experience working in full equipped professional rehearsal studios (where working NYC musicians rehearse)! We rent out the entire floor of Funkadelic Studios (209 West 40th St, 5th FL) and have several rehearsal rooms in the iconic Music Building (584 8th Ave).
- Campers age 15-17 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch.
- Campers age 12-14 are allowed off campus without supervision ONLY with parental permission.
- Kids age 8-11 are never allowed off campus and must bring a pack lunch.
- Rock Booster Pack: Add seven 1/2 hour private lessons after camp for $280.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- Sign up for multiple sessions to save $30. Returning students save an additional $60!
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we’ll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!