Are ready to be a rock star?
Ignite your playing. Take your ability to play and perform to the next level. Contribute to a band. Play a live show!
During this intensive two-week program, your will rock out with others under the patient and expert guidance of an experienced instructor. You will put together a set of popular songs, including student requests, and rehearse in a fully equipped studio with guitar and bass amps, P.A., and drum kit. At the end of the two weeks, you'll show off your skills in a live show for family and friends! We'll videotape the show and post it on YouTube, too, so that you can share it with friends.
SESSION I: JULY 9-12, 16-19
SESSION II: JULY 23-26, JULY 30 - AUGUST 2
SESSION III: AUGUST 6-9, 13-16
- KIDS 8-11: 10am-2pm
- TEENS 12-14 10am-3pm
- TEENS 15-17 noon-5pm
- For all ages, an extended day option is available from 10am-5pm.
- Private lessons may be added before or after camp.
- Three age groups: Teens 15-17, Teens 12-14 and Kids 8-11.
- Showtimes: Kids 8-11 3:00pm on final day, Teens 12-14 4:00pm, and Teens 15-17 6:00pm.
- Tuition is $850. Returning NYC/Brooklyn/Queens Students or Campers save $50. Sign up for multiple sessions and save an additional $30!
Skill and Equipment Requirements for Intermediate and Advanced Bands:
For all instruments, at least two years of playing experience, ability to play through complete songs, and ability to understand basic song charts.
For guitar, students should also be familiar with open and barre chords and read chord diagrams and tablature. Bring your own electric guitar, tuner, strap, and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For bass, students should be familiar with basic techniques and read tablature & chord charts. Bring your own electric bass, tuner, strap, and cable. Amplifiers are provided.
For keyboards, students should be familiar with basic techniques and read chord charts. Just bring yourself!
For drums, students should also be familiar with basic drum rudiments. Just bring your sticks!
For vocalists, students should also have an understanding of basic breathing technique and ability to match pitches by ear. Just bring yourself!
A limited number of electric and bass guitars are available for use at the school for an additional fee of $15 per week. Call 646-485-7244 to reserve an instrument before the program starts.
- Classes are held in The Recording and Rehearsal Arts Building on West 30th Street in Manhattan--New York's top professional rehearsal building, frequented by artists such as Public Enemy, Alicia Keys, Black Flag, Taking Back Sunday, David Byrne, Brittney Spears, Steely Dan and many more.
- Campers age 15-17 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch.
- Campers age 12-14 are allowed off campus without supervision ONLY with parental permission.
- Rock Booster Pack: Add seven 1/2 hour private lessons for before or after each camp day for $240.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- Returning students get $50 off. Sign up for multiple sessions and save $30 more.
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we'll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!