Learn to play guitar in only two weeks!
So you are ready to be a rock star…but you are a complete beginner? No Problem! In only two weeks you will know the basics of playing guitar! It will take a lot of work, but you’ll be in a small group with lots of positive coaching, surrounded by music and musicians. You WILL learn the basics of guitar playing!
During this intensive two-week program, you’ll rock out with others under the patient and expert guidance of an experienced instructor. You’ll learn the basics of chords, strumming, and reading tablature in the context of carefully selected riffs and songs such as “Smoke On the Water”, “Song 2”, “Seven Nation Army”, “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” and more. You’ll also visit a working guitar repair shop, learn to listen to music like a professional musician, check out the advanced rock bands (and be inspired!). At the end of your boot camp, your group will perform a song in the Summer Rock Band Show! Of course, your friends and family are invited to see your rock star moment, and we’ll videotape your show and post it on YouTube, too, so that you can share it with all your friends.
SESSION I: JULY 8-11, 15-18
SESSION II: JULY 22-25, JULY 29 – AUGUST 1
SESSION III: AUGUST 5-8, 12-15
- KIDS 8-11: 10am-2pm
- TEENS 12-14 10am-3pm
- TEENS 15-17 noon-5pm
- For all ages, an extended day option is available from 10am-5pm.
- Private lessons may be added before or after camp.
- Three age groups: Teens 15-17, Teens 12-14 and Kids 8-11.
- Includes all materials AND guitars are provided. Bring nothing but your desire to rock.
- Showtimes: Kids 8-11 3:00pm on final day, Teens 12-14 4:00pm, and Teens 15-17 6:00pm.
- Tuition is $550. Sign up with a sibling or friend for an additional $30 discount.
Skill Requirements for Boot Camp: Nada. Zilch. No background at all! No matter how much of a total and absolute beginner you are, you will know the basics of guitar playing at the end of this two week program!
- Classes are held in The Recording and Rehearsal Arts Building on West 30th Street in Manhattan–New York’s top professional rehearsal building, frequented by artists such as Public Enemy, Alicia Keys, Black Flag, Taking Back Sunday, David Byrne, Brittney Spears, Steely Dan and many more.
- We supply guitars for your use at no charge!
- You WILL be able to play songs and riffs at the end of the two week period!
- Campers age 15-17 are allowed off campus without supervision for lunch.
- Campers age 12-14 are allowed off campus without supervision ONLY with parental permission.
- Campers age 8-11 are always supervised and must bring a pack lunch.
- Each camper gets a NYC Guitar School T-Shirt.
- Sign up with a friend and get $30 off!
- CREATE YOUR OWN CAMP: Put together a group of four or more campers and we’ll create a custom camp on the dates that work best for you!